I reside in an condominium constructing that doesn’t permit BBQs, so my outside rib grilling choices are restricted. Over time, I’ve tried many cooking strategies, however my favorite technique to prepare dinner ribs is prone to make skilled cooks and BBQ pit masters alike cringe – I exploit my sluggish cooker.
I’m unsure whether it is an city cooking legend or simply it was simply me, however I used to be satisfied that you simply had so as to add liquid when utilizing a sluggish cooker. I used to be improper. I’ve cooked child again ribs, facet ribs, and for the pork on this recipe photographs – breast bones, all within the sluggish cooker. Every time they produced fall of the bone, fork tender ribs from slowly braising within the fats from the ribs that slowly releases throughout cooking.
This three ingredient recipe couldn’t be simpler
Garam masala is an fragrant spice combine used generally in Indian delicacies comprised of cinnamon, mace, peppercorns, coriander, cumin, and cardamon – and it pairs splendidly with pork.
Some sluggish cooker recipes name for browning or searing meat earlier than including to the sluggish cooker, however I’ve tried this methodology a number of instances and been capable of eat straight from the cooker with satisfaction. Often I’ll throw them underneath the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp them up, however the additional step is elective.
* This recipes produces a dry rib. For individuals who like their ribs saucy, add sauce to the ribs within the sluggish cooker half-hour earlier than service.
What you’ll want…
- 1.5 pound of pork ribs, sliced into 1-2 bone phase
- salt to season
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- Generously season the ribs with salt, after which rub the garam masala onto every rib phase.
- Add the ribs to the sluggish cooker and prepare dinner on low for 6-7 hours.
- Take away from the sluggish cooker and revel in heat.